Monday, March 16, 2009

Doctor Mess

So, it was a typical visit to a military doc. I try not to complain too much about our healthcare because it is free and that is more than most people can say. I got to my appointment and my provider decides that the lump in my neck (thyroid area) is caused by an infection! So, he decides to give me antibiotics. Mind you, I do not have a fever and have not been sick lately. His next sentence was, "Worst case scenario, it is cancer. So, I will go ahead and put in an order for a CAT Scan. If it is still there after you have finished 10 days on the antibiotics, go ahead and make the appointment for the scan. Then I want to see you back 2 months after the scan, if the antibiotics don't take care of it." WTF???? Needless to say, I was not a happy camper when I left. I picked up my antibiotic, went to the car, called Steven, and cried. I was so MAD! We decided to call patient advocacy and now I have an appointment with a different provider on Monday the 23rd and a CAT Scan on Thursday the 26th.

So, still don't know much but well on the way to knowing what the heck is growing on my neck!

No comments:

Post a Comment