Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Year

So, I am not a fan of New Year's resolutions. I never make them because then I only get disappointed with myself for not keeping them. Over the weekend I was watching infomercials and saw Tony Horton's 10 minute trainer. I thought, "I can do 10 minutes a day". Then it occured to me that I already have a 10 minute pilates video that I bought several months ago. So, I made a deal with myself that if I will consistently use the video I already have for a month, I will purchase the Tony Horton set. Yesterday was day 1. I can do this! When we lived in North Dakota I was in the best shape I had ever been in. I was working out 5 days a week doing cardio kickboxing and taekwondo. When we moved down here I just kind of stopped everything. I have a heavy bag in the garage that I do not use because the garage is a mess and it is way too hot here to be out there working out. I have not joined a gym because it takes half an hour to get anywhere in the city. By the time I get home at 5:30, get changed and out the door, I am not hitting the gym until at least 6:30, work out for 30 minutes, get home at 7:30, then have to cook supper, get homework done, Colby bathed and put bed. That is just too much, especially with Steven's job. I hate working out at home but it seems that is my option at the moment. So, I am jumping into it and not looking back. After 18 months of laziness it is time that I do something to get myself back into shape. I am not calling this a resolution, just time for a change!

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh. Good luck though!! You'll have to keep me posted about your progress.

    ReplyDelete