Saturday, January 3, 2009

Hello blogworld!

I know, such a leming! Everyone else has one so I decided to take the plunge into the world of blogging.

I just finished reading a terrific book. It is My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. I have picked this book up several times in the bookstore but always put it back on the shelf. I didn't think I could read it. I will try very hard not to give too much away because I think everyone should read it for themselves! The topic is a teenage girl who is suing her parents for medical emancipation because she no longer wants to be a donor for her sister who suffers from leukemia. This book takes you on a roller coaster ride of emotions. I was mad at the mother but in a way understood where she was coming from. I was mad at the father for not standing up to his wife. I was mad at the attorney for being such a jerk! I loved the little girl for taking a stand. It is a great read! Like I said, I don't want to give too much away for those who would like to read it on their own. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment