Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back to School!

I can't believe that it is already time to get ready for back to school! Where did this summer go? I also can't believe that Colby will be a third grader! The good news is that the legislature finally wised up and made it to where they do not have to pass the TAKS to be promoted to 4th grade. The TAKS is still attached to promotion in 5th and 8th grades but hopefully we will either be out of Texas by that time or they will wise up about those grades too! We are trying to get Colby into the school at Lackland. They hold a lottery for those children who reside off base. We got him all registered for the lottery and they will hold drawings after their registration on August 12. Pray that he gets in! This would mean that he would have smaller classes, be around other military kiddos, and we just haven't been all that satisfied with NISD. He has a hard time relating to other kids whose parents have "normal" jobs. He has not really made any good friends at school. His best friend is another instructors son who is a year older than he is but does not go to the same school.

In other school news, I am taking the final course in my masters program. YEAH!!! I had to wait a whole year for them to offer it. By the end of August I will have M.S. after my name!

There is talk in Steven's squadron about moving him to academics, so he would no longer be pushing flights. This is great! It means more time at home, less stress, and a normal work week. It took him a while to get excited about the idea but he is coming around. I, of course, am praying that it does not fall through! I am so proud of all his accomplishments as a Military Training Instructor, but two solid years of 18 plus hour days is enough! I would like to be able to enjoy the remaining time we have here in San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment